Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Photo Shoot

These pictures may seem very typical and basic, but this was a big deal for me! It was my first successful photo shoot where I chose all my settings manually! I had tried it earlier in the week with Keira and hardly any worked out. I would be lying if I said it was easy. It was harder than I thought. Some of my setting changes had more drastic results than I expected. I was pretty stressed about it. I made some mistakes, but I learned from them! My biggest challenge is how to keep my subject in focus. When I let too much light in, it blurs out my subject. I played with my camera a lot to see the differences in settings.
I brought in a pile of clothes and dress-ups and she did her thang. These are a few of my favorite.

55 mm, Child Program (I guess this shot wasn't manual! I wanted the colors to pop, which it does in the child program), metering mode: multi-pattern, 1/60 sec, F/5.6, 0EV, ISO 640, AF-A, white balance: auto.

55 mm, metering mode: center-weighted, 1/100 sec, F/5.6, 0EV, ISO 1600, AF-A, White Balance: auto

55mm, metering mode: center-weighted, 1/30 sec, F/5.6, 0EV, ISO 800, AF-A, White Balance: auto

Here are a few from the one with Keira. I'm so sad that some of them are blurry. I posted them anyway to get opinions (aka help.) I don't have time to post the settings right now, gotta run!







4 comments:

Fisher Family said...

Way to go on your manual shots. Emma is looking so grown up. Love her hat and accessories. Ok..how many pictures did it take to get the ones you liked? I have a feeling I'll be having a lot of trial and error shots.

Fisher Family said...

Where did you get your black background?

Anonymous said...

fun! i love the one of keira looking down. so sweet!

Cathy said...

Laurie,
I take a ton of shots. I just keep clicking. I delete a lot before I upload and then delete more once they're uploaded.
The black backgroud is black velvet fabric that I bought and hung up.