Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Q & A

I don't own PhotoShop. Do you? How often do you use it and what do you use it for?

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

We own photoshop elements. I use it to edited any picture I really care about instead of my picture it editor which is easier to use. Dave has used it several times for me to layer pictures, or better yet save a picture that I LOVE from the trash bucket becasue of poor framing. Meaning...it's great for getting rid of things you didn't mean to be in your picture.

Fisher Family said...

I do not have photo shop. Would love to get it. Darryl put a generic editing program on our computer. I'll have to ask him what the name is. Great question Cathy.

So Lost And Found said...

I use Aperature, and I have Photoshop, it is a bit of work to learn, but I am going to switch to Adobe Lightroom since it will do most of what I want with out the real work to learn Photoshop.

Anonymous said...

i know photoshop and photoshop elements. (i took a class.)

i have and use photoshop elements on most of my pictures, mostly for lighting and color adjustments. i rarely use it for removing an unwanted item from the image, layering, cloning, removing skin imperfections, tinting, and other stuff like that. i usually use those tools only if i really really need it.

but the goal is for me to get good enough to not need photoshop and just have my photos be SOOC (straight-out-of-camera). But only about 40 percent of my shots are SOOC.

April said...

trying to join late with the 100 days and only a baby camera. check it out, 100daysbyapril

Sara said...

I love Photoshop Elements and it is relatively cheap to buy. I use it pretty regularly to adjust my exposure if I didn't get it right and to bump my colors up a bit. To be perfectly honest, most professionals use some sort of editing software to get the colors they do. My next goal is to get the Photoshop CS3--maybe for Christmas! You can do a lot more with it but it is pretty pricey. When I do get it we will get the student discount--a much cheaper way to go!